In celebration of Independence Day, newest telco player DITO Telecommunity, launched its major digital platform GALING DITO. A play on the dual meaning of “galing” in our vernacular, which translates to “TALENT” and likewise “FROM,” this movement aims to recognize and celebrate the innate talent of Filipinos by providing a platform for up-and-coming artists, content creators, and music lovers, to rediscover and embrace their Filipino roots and showcase their passion and creativity. Every time you see artists or content creators displaying world-class TALENT or “galing” online, there’s a big chance it’s FROM our country or “galing dito” – proudly Philippine-made.
Discovering and Empowering Homegrown Talents
More than just a digital platform, GALING DITO is a movement that emboldens Filipino talents who might otherwise go unnoticed to take the center stage, and enables them to be a part of a digital community with a shared desire to get in touch with their local heritage and rediscover what it means to be truly Filipino.
“GALING DITO will collaborate with and enable these artists and creatives so they can finally showcase what it takes to be proudly Filipino.” said Evelyn Jimenez, DITO’s Chief Commercial Officer.
“The movement is a form of bayanihan with Filipinos supporting fellow talents while also celebrating and empowering one another. DITO believes that as individuals, Filipinos are already superbly talented. But as one telecommunity, Filipinos can be better together.” added Jimenez.
To kick off the GALING DITO movement, DITO showcased Filipino dancers, singers, rappers, and performers from various provinces all over the country in a proudly Pinoy music video. Featuring an original composition by Arri Veloso and Vinnie Pacleb, and arranged by Thyro Alfaro, DITO’s music video not only displays picturesque landscapes of the different cities and regions in the Philippines, but also proves the potential of Filipino artists.
Among the talents featured in this memorable and thump-stopping video are singer Marga Jayy, rapper February Bank, dance group Femme Manila, the Buganda Drum Beaters, Ilocos-based rapper Fairy Flojo, Cebu-based rapper Cookie$, P-Pop boy group 13C, and many more!
The GALING DITO music video only marks the beginning of what the GALING DITO movement has in store. This movement will also roll-out exciting activities that everyone can look forward to and participate in:
- Nationwide celebration of the Filipino culture’s diversity by giving artists, musicians, and creators all over the country access to a platform wherein they can showcase their attention-worthy talents.
- Opportunities to bring talents from the local scene together in one collaborative community and feature them on DITO’s digital channels.
“Where we are once divided through cliques, tribes, and differences in affinities and beliefs, GALING DITO aims to connect and unite us all together as one telecommunity. Through dance, music, and artistry, furthered by a strong sense of belongingness, this movement shall thrive in the Filipino’s oneness.” said Jasper Evangelista, DITO’s Director of Brand and Marketing.
Enabling Telecommunities with Next-Level Connectivity
Of course, all these dreams and ambitions to position Pinoy talent front and center, and get them to collaborate from anywhere in the Philippines is made possible through next-level connectivity. With DITO’s reliable and value-for-money data offers and promos, more Filipinos are enabled to become part of the movement – whether as a talent or an audience.
On top of the featured regular offers that cater to the ever-growing demand of Filipinos all over the country, DITO recently launched new promos and partnerships designed to further meet the connectivity and entertainment needs of its growing telecommunity:
- DITO Advance Pay and DITO Auto Pay: Offering the lowest price per GB in the market, the DITO Advance Pay feature, allows DITOzens to receive and pay for their subscriptions 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months in advance. Better yet, they can get a 1 year mobile subscription for as low as P713!
Convenience is at the palm of your hands with the DITO Auto Pay! With this feature, subscribers can get up to 10GB bonus data, and they no longer have to worry about their unused data expiring because remaining data from the previous month will be automatically carried over to the following month.
- DITO Data Sachets: For those who are looking for more affordable data offers, the new DITO Data Sachets offer all access data for as low as P10. You can also avail of Data 50 with 5GB of data for P50, and Data 30 with 3GB of data for P30.
- TikTok and Facebook Promo: For those who can’t get enough of their daily social media scrolling, DITO also offers an extra 30GB of TikTok and Facebook (free 1GB daily for 30 days) when you purchase a Level-Up 99 SIM bundle.
- HBO GO Promo: Movie buffs will be delighted to avail of the 1 month HBO GO subscription bonus when you subscribe to DITO’s Level-Up 499 and Level-Up 999 via the DITO APP.
- DITO 5G Home WiFi: The whole family can now enjoy DITO’s fastest internet yet with speeds up to 500Mbps by availing DITO’s 5G Home WiFi. Aside from the hassle-free installation of its plug-and-play 5G modem, subscribers can also enjoy a 3-month FREE HBO GO subscription and double data promos.
Indeed, there’s no stopping Filipinos from joining the GALING DITO movement. Through this empowering digital community and DITO’s strong connectivity, every Filipino can now dare to champion homegrown talents from anywhere across the country.
For more information on the GALING DITO movement and DITO’s data offers and promos, you may visit the official Facebook page of DITO at www.facebook.com/DITOphofficial or the website at www.dito.ph / www.galingdito.ph.